Band of the week

25 July 2013

via

When I heard Parquet Courts on SiriusXMU I did two things cranked up my radio and downloaded their album Light Up Gold. They emerged in 2011 and I cannot believe I just found out about them a few months ago. They remind me of the Ramones and Television, I know I know a bit extreme but these four guys from Brooklyn New York have an old punk sound to them. I can hear the Ramones influence in songs like Stoned and Starving & Borrowed Time. I love when I get to catch new bands as they emerge while they still have a small following and play small venues. We will be seeing these guys tonight at Ottobar in Baltimore and I am excited to see what they bring to the stage.
You can hear full album HERE .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Hope to see you again real soon.