My Everlane loafers came in a few weeks ago and it was love at first sight however once I put them on my feet were not so pleased. These shoes are narrow as can be I ordered my size since the website states to order your regular size and if I were to go up a size they would've been to big for me. So I decided to keep them and hope that the leather will loosen up a bit. They've slowly stretched out a tad the wider they get the happier my feet will be. I had the same problem with my Madewell oxfords but after some bruising and a handful of blisters my oxfords are now my most comfortable shoe - next to my tennis shoes. Back to this outfit , spring is here and it's time to throw on a light jacket,comfortable tee, your favorite white denim and go out and enjoy the sunshine and great weather.
14 April 2015
Wanting : Normally my "wants" are clothes, shoes or handbags but right now all I want is for the weather to be decent and allow me to go on a long bike ride to feel the sun on my face and wind through my helmet. (Safety first)
Planning : Since we just got back from San Francisco we got the travel bug and are anxiously planning our summer trip - somewhere tropical. Any suggestions ?
Loving : Spending time with my new friends. Making new friends at 37 is so hard especially for me and I recently started hanging out with some gals that go to the same gym ( Knockout Fitness ) as I do and it's been so fun getting to know new people and having a support system.
Listening : I am really loving the new Sufjan Stevens . It's a beautiful album very relaxing and easy going.
Watching : We just finished watching Bloodline on Netflix and it was awesome. I cannot wait till Season 2. It was the perfect dramatic thriller for Easter weekend. Bravo Netflix bravo !
Obsessing : I've been obsessing over cement pots I found some on my last Target trip and I can't wait to plant something in them. I also came across (this) DIY and looks like i'll be making a few more myself.
25 March 2015
1. Love myself.
2. White should be worn year round.
3. Blue Orchid by White Stripes always puts me in a great mood.
4. Never turn down a pumpkin donut.
5. Hard work sometimes doesn't pay off and that's o.k.
6. Eric Clapton is perfect on a Saturday morning.
7. 8 hrs. of sleep is always needed.
8. You don't need to capture everything for the sake of an Instagram.
9. Write more.
10. Mom was right your ears should always be covered when it's cold out.
11. Always be there for a friend.
12. Eat bacon in moderation.
13. DVR every Dateline possible.
14. I will never be successful at blogging and that's o.k.
15. I dislike mountain climbers and burpees.
16. Mascara is perfect to hide those few grey hairs making an appearance.
17. Allow your concealer to sit for a few minutes before blending in.
18. Skin care is important and should be taken seriously.
19. Never underestimate the power of a bright lip color.
20. Disconnect every once and a while and enjoy your life.
21. You can never study too much.
22. Apple cider vinegar is great for hear burn.
23. Don't text - CALL your girlfriends.
24. Gold Bond cream is your skin's best friend.
25. When you are sorry say it don't wait.
26. Invest in a good pair of jeans and black heels.
27. Do not bike ride in anything else besides tennis shoes + socks.
28. Run as much as possible.
29. Camping is fun , with the right people.
30. Hike , hike , hike.
31. A long lasting manicure requires more than 3 coats of polish.
32. Work hard and push yourself beyond your limit,
33. Travel as much as you can.
34. Be nice and friendly to everyone.
35. Baby oil removes eye make-up like a boss.
36. Cut your parents some slack - they are not perfect.
37. Save all your parents voice mails.
*36 Things I learned (here)
17 March 2015