Happy Blog-iversary !

09 July 2012




Today marks one year since my first post. let me share with you how i went from a thirty-something Texas gal living in the south bored out of her mind, to one of the best decisions i've ever made. at the time my husband was on deployment and i was home alone with nothing to do. i was browsing Lucky Magazine's website and came across a picture of  the wonderful Emily Schuman and under her picture it had her website. i had NO clue what a style blog was. then i pulled up Cupcakes and Cashmere ... needless to say i was in awe of her website. as i stalked her blog i found other bloggers such as Lucy Laucht , Sterling Style, and Rockstar Diaries. Lets just say that day changed my life. i had something to come home to every day - waiting to see what they would wear next. i was inspired to push myself to the limit - style wise. finding these ladies made me feel so comfortable being me - i wasn't alone. even though i didn't know them i felt conected to them. after a couple of months i started to think "what if i started my own style blog?" as i danced around this idea for a couple more months i finally asked my bestfriend /my older brother Richard. his response was what sealed the deal...a simple "heck yea that would be awesome" was all i needed. using a Sony digital camera perched on top of my garden shoes i took my first outfit pics {first outfit post} . i remember feeling so uncomfortable standing there in this outfit.  now a year later... i take pictures of everything, i never leave home without my DSLR and i have so much more confidence than a year ago. this blog has changed my style. i am no longer afraid of being me, and i never thought anyone would visit my blog let alone follow my blog. I have met some great ladies and i am excited for what year two will bring . Thank you to everyone who visits, follows, and comments. you have no idea how excited i get everyday to read your comments.

9 comments:

  1. happy anniversiry!!

    check out my giveaway on:
    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have only been at this for a year my dear!
    I adore your style and earnest posts.
    Keep up the great work, and I will be following along for another 365 more days.
    I hope you plan to pop some bubbly tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary lady! Cheers to many more years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Birthday! Always blog for you. No one else could do it better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Congrats on everything and how far you've come on the blog. As a newbie blogger, it was really inspiring to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of you Myrna!! You go girl!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you soooooo much for the sweet words :)

    XX-Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary Myrna!
    This is such a sweet post, I love hearing about people's journey's through blogging and how it's evolved ... and for a first outfit post, i think that was pretty darn good! :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Hope to see you again real soon.