Paul Banks

12 November 2012


Friday night we went to see Mr.Paul Banks at Howard Theatre in D.C.  For those of you who don't already know he is the man on lead vocals for Interpol . He released his first solo record in 2006 under the name Julian Plenti {take a listen here} , you must listen it is still on rotation on my iPod. Julian Plenti Is Skyscraper is a CD that can be listened to without a singl  skip. He just released a new solo record Paul Banks: Banks that's also really good. I love this guys voice and style. This was our first time at the Howard Theatre -WOW! This venue is amazing it looks like a night club from the movie Night At The Roxbury. The sound was great. The Neighborhood opened up and I would describe their sound as - if Maroon 5 and Jason Mraz had a baby it would sound like these guys. Paul Banks walked on at 9pm starting off the show with Fly As You Might off his first solo record. He rocked my socks off for an hour and a half playing songs off both albums and the occasional "Thank you very much!" in between songs. A man of few words. I've seen him with Interpol several times and he never disappoints. I had a great night with my husband, as always we ended the night with a pizza party in our pj's.




Wore my trusty Converse to the show, they have quite a few miles on them but never disappoint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Hope to see you again real soon.