Shaper Studios

09 March 2016





A couple of weeks ago we were  walking around North Park looking for the "Greetings from San Diego" mural when we stumbled upon Shaper Studios. It is tucked behind Belching Beaver a local brewery here in San Diego. We weren't sure what it was all we saw was surf boards and I was instantly intrigued. Walking in I was greeted by the most friendly employee I believe his name was Trevor (I have a horrible memory so I could be wrong) I saw three different rooms with surfers working on surfboards , awesome surf magazines and the smell of the Pacific. The friendly employee  gave Carlos and I  a run down of the studio - you  can shape your own surfboard (that's surf talk for make your own) with the assistance of their knowledgeable employees who of course happen to be surfers basically a DIY surf shop. This was one of the coolest places I've ever been to in a while. They were all so friendly and inviting that I for a second felt like one of them (a surfer) unfortunately as I walked out I remembered I cannot swim so that's how that goes , however Carlos will definitely be back to make his own surfboard. If you're in San Diego this place is a must to visit. 









You can also follow them on Instagram 


(This sign is on 30th & El Cajon in North Park)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Hope to see you again real soon.