My weekend at ACL ...

20 October 2014



You're all probably wondering how was Austin City Limits ? It was ok, this was the first year where my days weren't full of back to back shows. Maybe that's cause the line up was not as exciting as the past years that we've attended I guess it is hard top ACL 2007 (Arcade Fire, Bjork, Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, Regina Spektor, LCD Sounsystem etc.. full line up here ) and ACL 2013 ( Depeche Mode, The Cure, Phoenix, Franz Ferdinand, Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar etc... full list here ). The one nice thing is we got to go and spend time with our friends and enjoy Zilker Park without having to make that decision we all hate at a festival "Should I go see --- or --- ". Either way it was nice to be in Texas and see my family have some delicious TexMex food and get some much needed sun.

This year I decided to go hands free and rely on my iPhone to capture my weekend, so my apologies for the distorted photos.
*Picture overload after the jump.



Day 1: Was pretty full of back to back shows we started off with checking out Chvrches, Childish Gambino at the Honda Stage. We had enough time after to grab a bite and find our friends to watch Outkast and dance our asses off. I wasn't sure who I wanted to check out between Outkast or Beck so I figured I'd catch both but Outkast blew my mind playing every hit they had that they made it impossible for me to walk away. It was great way to end day 1.




{h20 in a can / cooling off with a Good Pop}

Day 2:  Was a little more relaxed we roamed the park, picked up some souvenirs and saw one of my favorite bands Interpol. One of the biggest surprises was heading over to catch Major Lazer with my brother and his wife. I had no idea who he was and when the music started - mind blown. I normally don't like DJ music unless I'm at a club and even then I can only handle that for a quick minute and then I'm done. But Major Lazer played his ass off working the crowd and everyone including me jumping up and down through the whole show. It was one of my highlights of the weekend, we then headed over to watch Eminem shut it down.

{Day 2 outfit : Madewell tank / Old Navy denim shorts / Zara crossbody/ J.Crew sandals}





{Major Lazor aka Diplo}


Day 3 : Sunday's are pretty relaxing I think by then we are all so exhausted that all we want to do is park somewhere and enjoy some music and that's exactly what we did. We caught a few songs by Real Estate, Spoon and ended the night with Peal Jam. ACL 2014 was a bit of a downer music wise but overall we had a blast with friends and ACL is always a good excuse to meet up with friends and enjoy a weekend of good music.


{Day 3 outfit : Old Navy tank, denim shorts /J.Crew sandals/ Michael Kors leather fanny pack/
H&M hat / Target sunnies}


{Pearl Jam closing the weekend}




 Till next year Austin !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Hope to see you again real soon.